Now, I have tried and failed several attempts to successfully complete any kind of diet due to my love for food. However, after taking a more favorable approach to my diet, I realized I can still enjoy cooking delicious foods that are still healthy and fill me up. I have never tried oatmeal and I was pretty disgusted at the thought of eating it most of my life. After realizing that I happened to have some that my uncle gave me in the pantry, I decided to give it a different use than the traditional oatmeal with milk or water mushy vomit looking stuff.
I made a great sandwich using asparagus, oatmeal, chicken breast and whole grain seeded toast bread. It’s called an open-face sandwich because it sits on top of one piece of bread which eliminates the extra calories that you would normally get from using two slices of bread. I ate this for breakfast and made sure to provide the calories.
I used this amount of calories to fit into 3 meals that equal 1000 calories a day which is a great way to speed up your metabolism, lose weight and still stay healthy and hydrated. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. I hate water but adding tons of crushed ice cubes to the water makes it more refreshing and drinkable for me. I hope you enjoy it and also hope that it helps anyone looking to start an enjoyable, safe, and efficient diet plan.
Prep and cooking time: 13 min
- 3 tbsp. Whole grain rolled instant oats with flax seed 70 cal.
- 1 8″ spear of asparagus chopped 5 cal.
- 1/2 cup uncooked diced boneless chicken breast 105 cal.
- 1 slice of 5 seed and poppy wheat bread or multi-grain wheat bread 110 cal.
- 1 tsp olive oil 40 cal.
- Add olive oil, asparagus, oats, and chicken to a small sauce pan and cook at medium heat.
- Begin by sautéing for 1 minute.
- Add salt, garlic salt, and pepper to taste and 2 tsp.of white vinegar.
- Add 2 tbsp. of water to keep moist, then cover for 6 minutes.
- Uncover and stir up ingredient and turn off heat.
- Leave covered for 3 additional minutes afterwards to absorb any extra juices in the pan.
- Place the slice of bread on a plate and cut in half.
- Pour mixture on top of slices to create 2 small open-faced sandwiches.
- Finish off with cracked black pepper and some extra oats over the top of the sandwiches.